Südzucker Pearl Sugar, also referred to as nib sugar or hail sugar, is the unique ingredient of – amongst others – the famous Belgian Liege Waffle.
It is used for decoration, as a crunchy texturizer, and sweet morsel of goodness in baked goods like waffles, sugar bread, brioches, French chouquettes and Pulla buns.
In sugar confectionery, Pearl Sugar is used as the centre filling for colourful sweets decoration. It’s also great for ice cream, where small syrup-coated sugar pearls can be used as brésilienne. Südzucker Pearl Sugar is made of the highest quality sugar, with an attractive bright white colour and a pleasantly crunchy texture.
- Produced from extra white sugar (EU1)
- Withstands surface heating
- Maintains high grade of whiteness, even after baking
- Creates an attractive appearance
- Highly heat-resistant, doesn’t melt during baking
- Sweet highlights in baked goods
- Adds delicious, crunchy effect
- Available in many different sizes, covering all your creative ideas
- Halal and Kosher-certified
Granulation Size: 1.6 – 4.0 mm
Product of Germany
Gusta Supplies goes above and beyond to source specialty products for your gustatory enjoyment. Did you know? The stem "Gusta" is found in the word "gustation", which means the sense of taste. Gusta, as such, is literally the "root of taste". We know, shopping here, you must have a good taste!
Inventory Last Updated: Aug 11, 2022