These nigiri scissors crafted by the famous Saheizi is heavy duty and suitable for Japanese candy making. It is typically used to create cuts, scores, and indents on molten candy to create the wagashi equivalence of sugarwork.
Wagashi -- traditional Japanese sweets -- capture seasonality and imagery of nature in their aesthetics. They are served before the bowl of matcha that concludes even the most elaborate kaiseki meal. The specialty wagashi tools Gusta sources are from reputable makers in Japan. They exhibit the craftsmanship that is respected also in wagashi making.
- 150mm long blade with polished (migaki) finish
- Large size among handgrip shears (string shears)
- Firmly grasped to cut 150mm in length
- Suitable from cutting thread, thin cloth, to heavier work such as molten sugar
- Delivered with the best sharpness
- The long blade 150mm is thicker and larger than 105mm and 120mm as a whole, so it has excellent cutting performance and durability
- Authentic nigiri scissors made by forging and sharpening soft iron to the finest steel for professional use
At Gusta Supplies, we endeavour to secure hard-to-source ingredients and tools so the community here can enjoy a tasteful selection. We are particular about the origin of these products in respect to its cultural and technological significance. We want you to use only the best we can afford to provide.
Inventory Last Updated: Sep 28, 2023