These nigiri scissors crafted by the famous Saheizi is heavy duty and suitable for Japanese candy making. It is typically used to create cuts, scores, and indents on molten candy to create the wagashi equivalence of sugarwork.
Wagashi -- traditional Japanese sweets -- capture seasonality and imagery of nature in their aesthetics. They are served before the bowl of matcha that concludes even the most elaborate kaiseki meal. The specialty wagashi tools Gusta sources are from reputable makers in Japan. They exhibit the craftsmanship that is respected also in wagashi making.
- 150mm long blade with polished (migaki) finish
- Large size among handgrip shears (string shears)
- Firmly grasped to cut 150mm in length
- Suitable from cutting thread, thin cloth, to heavier work such as molten sugar
- Delivered with the best sharpness
- The long blade 150mm is thicker and larger than 105mm and 120mm as a whole, so it has excellent cutting performance and durability
- Authentic nigiri scissors made by forging and sharpening soft iron to the finest steel for professional use
Gusta Supplies has expanded into an online heaven of specialty ingredients and tools from its humble beginning as a convenient shop for students attending classes at Gusta Cooking Studio. We hope you enjoy shopping here as much as our students do.
Inventory Last Updated: Feb 20, 2024