Removing bones and skinning meat in a professional way with this Wusthof Ikon boning knife: thanks to the sturdy workmanship and the easily manoeuvrable, extremely sharp blade with a pointed tip, the Boning Knife is ideal for removing bones or for skinning meat and poultry. Tendons and fat can also be removed easily so it is your ideal companion when it comes to meat preparation. For professional carving in the kitchen or at the table we recommend our Carving Set.
The jewel of the Wusthof collection, Ikon has beautifully designed handles made of Grenadill wood.
Grenadill wood, or African Blackwood, is one of the hardest and heaviest woods in the world. Ikon full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel and feature a distinctive, double bolster.
- 12.7 cm (5") blade length
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Comfortable contoured handle that is made of Grenadill wood (African Blackwood)
- Wash by hand only
- Crafted in the historic cutlery centre of Solingen, Germany
First-class cutlery engineered with precision and quality, Wüsthof knives are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of precision forged cutlery since 1814.
Early Wüsthof craftsmen hand forged knives to perfection, and today that tradition of quality is ensured as old-world craftsmanship meets twenty-first century production methods. Throughout its history, Wüsthof has focused almost solely on manufacturing top-of-the-line knives for the professional chef and home cooking enthusiast. With over 200 styles to choose from among their cutlery collections, Wüsthof knives are the valued and cherished tools of the world’s most distinguished chefs.
Gusta Supplies goes above and beyond to source specialty products for your gustatory enjoyment. Did you know? The stem "Gusta" is found in the word "gustation", which means the sense of taste. Gusta, as such, is literally the "root of taste". We know, shopping here, you must have a good taste!
Inventory Last Updated: Jan 29, 2022