What a cook’s knife is for European kitchens, the Wusthof Santoku is for Japan and the whole of Asia: so versatile in shape, weight and edge that it can be used for mincing and chopping herbs, vegetables and fruit as well as for preparing fish and meat. The sharp blade of a Santoku allows anything from regular to wafer-thin cuts - it is therefore now indispensable in kitchens all around the world. The dimpled edge of the knife (slight depressions in the blade that allow small pockets of air to form) prevents ingredients from sticking.
The jewel of the Wusthof collection, Ikon has beautifully designed handles made of Grenadill wood. Grenadill wood, or African Blackwood, is one of the hardest and heaviest woods in the world. Ikon full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel and feature a distinctive, double bolster.
- 12.7 cm (5") blade length
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Comfortable contoured handle that is made of Grenadill wood (African Blackwood)
- Wash by hand only
- Crafted in the historic cutlery centre of Solingen, Germany
First-class cutlery engineered with precision and quality, Wüsthof knives are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of precision forged cutlery since 1814.
Early Wüsthof craftsmen hand forged knives to perfection, and today that tradition of quality is ensured as old-world craftsmanship meets twenty-first century production methods. Throughout its history, Wüsthof has focused almost solely on manufacturing top-of-the-line knives for the professional chef and home cooking enthusiast. With over 200 styles to choose from among their cutlery collections, Wüsthof knives are the valued and cherished tools of the world’s most distinguished chefs.
Gusta Supplies has expanded into an online heaven of specialty ingredients and tools from its humble beginning as a convenient shop for students attending classes at Gusta Cooking Studio. We hope you enjoy shopping here as much as our students do.
Inventory Last Updated: Sep 25, 2022