The Wusthof Ikon Ham Slicer Utility Knife has earned its name: its shape and sharpness are designed to cut very thin slices of hard ingredients, especially from hams. These qualities make this knife ideally suited to fruit and vegetables and other meats too, as well as for carving roasts.
The jewel of the Wusthof collection, Ikon has beautifully designed handles made of Grenadill wood.
Grenadill wood, or African Blackwood, is one of the hardest and heaviest woods in the world. Ikon full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel and feature a distinctive, double bolster.
- 15 cm (6") blade length
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Comfortable contoured handle that is made of Grenadill wood (African Blackwood)
- Wash by hand only
- Crafted in the historic cutlery centre of Solingen, Germany
First-class cutlery engineered with precision and quality, Wüsthof knives are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of precision forged cutlery since 1814.
Early Wüsthof craftsmen hand forged knives to perfection, and today that tradition of quality is ensured as old-world craftsmanship meets twenty-first century production methods. Throughout its history, Wüsthof has focused almost solely on manufacturing top-of-the-line knives for the professional chef and home cooking enthusiast. With over 200 styles to choose from among their cutlery collections, Wüsthof knives are the valued and cherished tools of the world’s most distinguished chefs.
At Gusta Supplies, we endeavour to secure hard-to-source ingredients and tools so the community here can enjoy a tasteful selection. We are particular about the origin of these products in respect to its cultural and technological significance. We want you to use only the best we can afford to provide.
Inventory Last Updated: Sep 19, 2021