What a cook’s knife is for European kitchens, the Wusthof Santoku is for Japan and the whole of Asia: so versatile in shape, weight and edge that it can be used for mincing and chopping herbs, vegetables and fruit as well as for preparing fish and meat. The sharp blade of a Santoku allows anything from regular to wafer-thin cuts - it is therefore now indispensable in kitchens all around the world. The dimpled edge of the knife (slight depressions in the blade that allow small pockets of air to form) prevents ingredients from sticking.
Wusthof's best-selling collection for generations, Classic full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel. Classic knives feature a new handle design made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discolouration.
- 17.5 cm (7") blade length
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with Wusthof's red Trident logo
- Full bolster and finger guard
- Wash by hand only
- Crafted in the historic cutlery centre of Solingen, Germany
First-class cutlery engineered with precision and quality, Wüsthof knives are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of precision forged cutlery since 1814.
Early Wüsthof craftsmen hand forged knives to perfection, and today that tradition of quality is ensured as old-world craftsmanship meets twenty-first century production methods. Throughout its history, Wüsthof has focused almost solely on manufacturing top-of-the-line knives for the professional chef and home cooking enthusiast. With over 200 styles to choose from among their cutlery collections, Wüsthof knives are the valued and cherished tools of the world’s most distinguished chefs.
Gusta Supplies goes above and beyond to source specialty products for your gustatory enjoyment. Did you know? The stem "Gusta" is found in the word "gustation", which means the sense of taste. Gusta, as such, is literally the "root of taste". We know, shopping here, you must have a good taste!
Inventory Last Updated: Dec 04, 2021