Particularly useful for peeling and cleaning rounded vegetables and fruit: this small, handy Wusthof Ikon Peeling Knife - also known as a Turning or Tourne Knife - with its short, bird’s beak-shaped curved blade, makes it easy to peel produce such as potatoes or apples quickly, preserving the valuable vitamins found directly under the skin. The plain edge of the Peeler / Tourne Knife enables very precise cuts, making it the ideal helper for hollowing out and decorating fruit and vegetables.
The jewel of the Wusthof collection, Ikon has beautifully designed handles made of Grenadill wood. Grenadill wood, or African Blackwood, is one of the hardest and heaviest woods in the world. Ikon full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel and feature a distinctive, double bolster.
- 6 cm (2.5") blade length
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Comfortable contoured handle that is made of Grenadill wood (African Blackwood)
- Wash by hand only
- Crafted in the historic cutlery centre of Solingen, Germany
First-class cutlery engineered with precision and quality, Wüsthof knives are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of precision forged cutlery since 1814.
Early Wüsthof craftsmen hand forged knives to perfection, and today that tradition of quality is ensured as old-world craftsmanship meets twenty-first century production methods. Throughout its history, Wüsthof has focused almost solely on manufacturing top-of-the-line knives for the professional chef and home cooking enthusiast. With over 200 styles to choose from among their cutlery collections, Wüsthof knives are the valued and cherished tools of the world’s most distinguished chefs.
At Gusta Supplies, we curate our selection to reflect innovations and trends our customers appreciate. As much as we pride ourselves in providing ingredients and tools for your everyday kitchen needs, we also offer one-of-a-kind items hardly available in the market. We hope you find this as exciting as we do.
Inventory Last Updated: Dec 04, 2021