Known as the “jack of all trades”, the Wusthof Epicure 6” cook’s knife conquers any challenge in the kitchen. This all-purpose knife is the most important tool in the Epicure line up designed for a variety of cutting tasks including; chopping, slicing, dicing, mincing, and disassembling. With its wider curved belly, the blade is ideal for creating a rocking motion while providing additional surface area to easily transport food to the pot.
Forged from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel, Epicure offers the standard Wusthof Rockwell hardness of 58º, the ideal hardness for lasting edge retention, integral blade strength, and ease of maintenance. Every Epicure knife undergoes a PEtec sharpening process developed by Wusthof to achieve an edge that is 20% sharper at a 15º angle, with double the edge retention for a blade that will last a lifetime.
Using the most unique materials in the industry, the Epicure handle is crafted from a durable wood composite and resin. The ergonomic shape is contoured to adapt to the natural contraction of the hand; it’s wider in the front third, then tapered towards the back. For everyone who lives to cook, Wusthof’s new line of Epicure knives will inspire creativity while enhancing performance.
- The new wide blade is ideal for slicing, cutting, chopping and shredding all types of food and ensures the knife glides safely through the food
- 16 cm (6”) blade length
- Handle is made from sustainable natural fibres and resin – tactile and durable
- The new bolster shape and wider blades enable efficient safe working
- Forged from a piece of high alloy X50CrMoV15 blade steel and annealed to 58 HRC ensures a durable cutting-edge ideal for re-sharpening.
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) for maximum sharpness at a 15° blade angle.
- Wash by hand only
- Crafted in the historic cutlery centre of Solingen, Germany
First-class cutlery engineered with precision and quality, Wüsthof knives are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of precision forged cutlery since 1814.
Early Wüsthof craftsmen hand forged knives to perfection, and today that tradition of quality is ensured as old-world craftsmanship meets twenty-first century production methods. Throughout its history, Wüsthof has focused almost solely on manufacturing top-of-the-line knives for the professional chef and home cooking enthusiast. With over 200 styles to choose from among their cutlery collections, Wüsthof knives are the valued and cherished tools of the world’s most distinguished chefs.
Gusta Supplies has expanded into an online heaven of specialty ingredients and tools from its humble beginning as a convenient shop for students attending classes at Gusta Cooking Studio. We hope you enjoy shopping here as much as our students do.
Inventory Last Updated: Dec 04, 2021