EMILE HENRY 1850 Series Tagine for Induction, 12"/3.7qt
The premium 1850 range highlights 160 years of savoir-faire. Specially made for simmering on induction, it brings out all the flavours by controlling the temperature at all times.
This 1850 tagine is ideal for slow, controlled cooking directly on the heat (all types of stove tops, including induction) or in the oven. Emile Henry's ceramic diffuses the heat evenly, allowing your recipes to simmer for hours without burning. The aromas develop and flavours circulate during cooking thanks to the conical lid. The 1850 tagine can be used on all types of stove top, including induction, as well as in the oven or microwave, and can be cleaned in the dishwasher without any risk of deteriorating the surface.
- Dimensions - 12" (31cm) /3.7qt (3.5L)
- Colour - Grey
- Made in France since 1850
How to use the 1850 tagine?
- For the best results, always start on a low heat for the first 5 minutes.
- Make sure there is always some liquid in your stewpot during cooking.
- Your stewpot is very versatile: you can use it to make sauce based recipes, slow-cooked dishes with small pieces of meat (stews and casseroles) or large braised pieces. When simmering a slow-cooked dish, always use a low temperature.
- A long cooking time on a low heat gives the best results. You can exceed the cooking time given in the recipes without any problem.
- When cooking meat or simmering a casserole, the cooking juices will form on the bottom of the dish. This happens when the meat caramelizes, and adds a lot of flavour to your dish. Scrape the bottom of the dish with a wooden spoon and add to the sauce